One of the 5 plastic knobs on my GE Profile Cooktop cracked. I figured this would be no big deal to replace - maybe a few bucks tops. I called the phone number for GE replacement parts. $57 dollars!!!! FOR ONE LITTLE PLASTIC KNOB that probably costs 57 cents to manufacture! What a bunch of greedy SOBs.

So I hung up and called the customer relations department. I explained the situation, but before I gave her the price I said, "So what do you think something like that should cost?" She chuckled and said "knowing us, probably $20." I told her "I appreciate your candor, but try $57." She asked me if I was sure that price was for a plastic knob. Yup. She then put me on hold for a few minutes, then informed me that GE would be sending me 5 replacement knobs free of charge.

Lesson learned: GE (and maybe other appliance manufacturers, too) is screwing its customers by charging outrageous amounts to replace cheap plastic parts. But don't stand for it. Call customer relations. With any luck, you'll find a human being like I did who has enough of a conscience to do the right thing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Cooktop.

Comments

GE_Appliances
Davenport, Iowa, United States #690203

Hello, this is Donna with GE. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your GE Profile cooktop.

We would like to help. So that we can work with you directly, can you email us your contact information and details at eResponse@ge.com please?

Thank you.