I have never had such a disappointing and frustrating experience as when I had a GE service repairman come to my home to fix our fridge. The first time he came out he did not fix the problem, which lead to more serious problems and required a new compressor.

Then he called in sick the day he was to fix it (in the meantime we had no refridgerator) after I had come home from work to meet him. The next day he was to come early and he did not arrive until a 1/2 before the end of the waiting period, despite the fact that we had discussed the need to be here early to allow for enough time to complete the repair. Because of his inconsideration, I had to miss and extra two days of work, during which I was sitting at home waiting for him.

I am a therapist in a community mental health clinic, therefore his inability to initially fix the problem and his lack of consideration for my time cost us more than a fridge full of groceries, it affected the lives of my clients and their families. I have never been so disappointed with a service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 18, 2010.

Comments

I was told that GE was coming out, and they cancelled the day before. I rescheduled for the next Thursday.

That Wednesday afternoon they called me and told me that the "guy" was sick and that they couldn't come out to repair. I explained that I was going to be out of town and that my wife wasn't going to be home during the few hours of the day they work. I re-scheduled for two weeks later with the understanding that they would pay for my laundry expenses. They agreed and told me to expect a check.

When I didn't receive the initial check, I called to ask where it was and to see where I should send my receipts. They said because my landlord told them not to, I wasn't getting any money. I explained that, based on our earlier conversation, I laid out a significant amount of money for laundry. They said "too bad" and that "mistakes happen".

When I asked for a recording of the conversation for my records, the person said "I'm not helping you sue us".

When I asked for his supervisor he put me on hold for half-hour and then told me that the supervisor wasn't available. Rude, obnoxious, and all for a pretty crappy washing machine.