Reno, Nevada

Bought a GE Profile Advantium Microwave in July of 07.The model number was SCB2001KKS02.

Just over 3 yrs of use and the touchpad has shorted and made the oven completely un-usable. I would have thought after spending $2500 on this model, that it should have lasted for a lot longer than 3 yrs. Wrote GE a email and complained. Do you think it helped?

Not a chance. GE is not concerned one bit that your expensive appliance has failed. They insulted me with a $50 coupon good for a down payment on another Chinese peice of *** or a 25% discount on their highly inflated part. They denied that this part failed prematurely.

Oh please GE, read the internet complaints on this exact failure rate.

It was designed that way.Its the last GE appliance that this family will ever buy period.

Review about: Profile Advantium Microwave.

Review #209762 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Submit review

Comments

Bobodude
Roma, Texas, United States #222850

An addendum to my previous comment.Vikki, at GE, did come thru with a option that was fair under the circumstances.

They were willing to pay for 50% of the cost of the replacement touchpad and also a $50 gift check towards GE parts or appliances.

Give her a try, she may be able to ease the pain a bit.Thanks Vikki.