Bought a GE Profile Advantium Microwave in July of 07.The model number was SCB2001KKS02.

Just over 3 yrs of use and the touchpad has shorted and made the oven completely un-usable. I would have thought after spending $2500 on this model, that it should have lasted for a lot longer than 3 yrs. Wrote GE a email and complained. Do you think it helped?

Not a chance. GE is not concerned one bit that your expensive appliance has failed. They insulted me with a $50 coupon good for a down payment on another Chinese peice of *** or a 25% discount on their highly inflated part. They denied that this part failed prematurely.

Oh please GE, read the internet complaints on this exact failure rate.

It was designed that way.Its the last GE appliance that this family will ever buy period.

Review about: Ge Appliances Microwave.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Roma, Texas, United States #222850

An addendum to my previous comment.Vikki, at GE, did come thru with a option that was fair under the circumstances.

They were willing to pay for 50% of the cost of the replacement touchpad and also a $50 gift check towards GE parts or appliances.

Give her a try, she may be able to ease the pain a bit.Thanks Vikki.