Stowe, Vermont

Two years ago I bought a GE GLD5868V00 stainless steel dishwasher to match the GE stainless steel stove, refrigerator and microwave I bought from Sears for our condo in Stowe Vt. The problem I have is with the dishwasher.

The door sticks to the bottom of the tub so badly I have to force the door up from the open position in order to close it. By doing this the seal has cracked causing me to be concerned that the dishwasher will start leaking. I made an appointment for a repairman from Sears to come take a look at it. He came and told me the plastic tub had warped which was causing the door to stick in the open position making it difficult to close.

He went on to say that there was nothing he could do and that I should throw the dishwasher away and buy a new one. He said the warranty for that model was only one year and GE no longer had replacement parts. I spent about $500 on a dishwasher that I thought would last more than 2 years. To be told there was no way to fix it and I'd have to throw it away and buy a new one was the last thing I thought I'd hear.

The moral of this story is DO NOT BUY GE APPLIANCES!!!!!

I am so disappointed in the quality and lack of customer support that I will never buy GE appliances again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Dishwasher.

Comments