We recently purchased a G.E. Profile Side by Side Refrigerator which is one of their "top of the line" models. The problem is it only makes 7 ice cubes at a time. We have to buy at least 1 bag of ice a week, 2-3 if we're having guests. The "Quick Ice" cycle makes no difference at all. It never catches up let alone fills up the bin. We're a family of only 3!

Don't buy this model if you use even the smallest amount of ice in a day. And forget about filling up even a small personal size cooler. It will take until the next day to recover enough for even another glass of ice.

I have contacted G.E. notifying them of the problem and asking if they are working on a retrofit tray that will make more than 7 ice cubes at a time.

We definitely regret buying this model. We didn't know any better - now you do!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Comments

I totally agree with the crapy ice maker. Today no ice was made at all.

What kind of expensive fridge can't even make ice.

DON'T BUY THIS FRIDGE!!! GE PROFILE SIDE BY SIDE!!!!

At least yours is making 7 ice cubes. My 3 year old Profile quit making any ice at all.

In addition, my 3 year old Ge Profile cooktop has a light on it that will not go out, my 3 year old Profile oven just had the control module go out on it.

I'm waiting for my ge dishwasher to spring a leak and ruin my floor at any moment. Never again will I buy GE.