Resolved
1.8
Style and Design

Absolutely appalling customer service from GE. We purchased the GE Cafe gas range.

When we installed the oven (meticulously following the instruction manual) it burst into flames. Luckily we got the fire out and no one was injured and there was no damage to our home. GE sent a technician to investigate. The tech labelled the issue an "incorrect install", stating that we used the wrong part to connect the oven to the gas.

We pointed out that we used the part called for in the manual. Tech acknowledged this and said the manual was wrong. The report he sent to GE said we followed the manual, but GE has refused to refund our money. They are also refusing to admit the manual is wrong, even though the tech report they are relying on to deny our refund clearly refutes this.

How can the install be wrong if the manual is right? We followed their instructions. Their own tech report says so.

Now GE Appliances Canada is blocking me from their Facebook page because the don't want me warning other customers about the potential fire hazard. Just shameful.

Review about: Ge Appliances Range.

I didn't like: Lack of customer service.

Comments