Manhattan, Illinois

Christmas Eve at 11:00pm we were opening presents and heard a big boom and turned around to see the oven that we purchased a year and half ago had shattered.Oven had not been on or used for several days.

Glass was all over kitchen and we were having Christmas dinner in 12 hours. No Christmas at our home as the ham couldn't be cooked and had to change all our plans after an hour of cleaning up shattered glass everywhere??? So I called Home Depot were this was purchased and was told nothing they could do but had heard from many customers this also happend to them?? My question is what is GE going to do?

Thank God no children were in the kitchen at the time and I do not feel I should have to buy a new stove when this is a definite defect in your product. Not a great way to spend Christmas but I am sure the executives at GE had a wonderful holiday.. I am requesting you stand behind your product and recall this oven before someone gets hurt. My e-mail is cleary0331@yahoo.com.

i will be waiting for your response and a check so my Christmas present is not an oven since I just bought this May 2014.Karen Hummer

Review about: Ge Jgbs60Defbb Free-Standing Gas Range.

I didn't like: Disgusting ruined our holidays.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ge Appliances Range
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $1000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1197786

Same thing happened to me.It wasn't on Christmas.

Did you ever end up getting any money reimbursed or did GE cover it?

Please advise.Thank you