I purchased a new GE Cafe' Elite Refrigerator, Cafe' Elite Gas Range and Hood from Lowes in federal Way, Washington about 1.5 years ago. My cost for these 3 items was a little over $7,500.00. The Manufacture's Warranty only covers 1 year and within 3 months AFTER the warranty expired, both my stove and refrigerator.

The pilot light on my stove burnt through the protective shield and dripped melted metal on the pilot light burning it out. GE's first fix was to simply remove the protective shield. However, that shield was there for a reason and the pilot light quickly burned into the bottom plate on my oven...

My refrigerator had worse problems. This will be my 4th service call and the problem still isn't fixed. All levels of my upper fridge freezes and we have thrown out at LEAST $1000.00 in perfectly good food. My bottom freezer portion ices over continuously and causes ice and freezer burns on food. Additionally, the push buttons to get water and ice from the door have already went bad and needed replaced.

My Vent Hood works perfectly.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments