3.0
Style and Design

My GE gas stove almost burned my house down. The oven would not shut off and just got hotter and hotter I had to call my son as being alone I did not know what to do, he came in town and shut everything down it was good that I do not believe in going out and leaving any appliances turned on or I might have came back to a house of ashes.

When the repair man came to fix it he found the wire that attaches the oven button was kinked. This is the only thing he could find. I bought the stove two years ago from Sears and it has never been taken apart for any reason over time it seemed that it was taking a longer time to cook the food I did not use the oven every day. The oven works like it is supposed to since it was repaired.

I'm not so pissed I am glad that I caught the problem before I lost my house and thought that this should be shared so that if others have this issue they would know to get it checked. The only thing that I am pissed at is the repair bill it almost cost as much as a paid for the stove and I don't feel I should be paying big repair bills on a brand new appliance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Oven.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments