Ease of Use
Style and Design

ORDERED A RESISTOR FOR MY DRYER FROM GE ON APRIL 2ND.THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD IT IN STOCK AND I WOULD HAVE IT IN 5 TO 7 DAYS. ON THE 8TH DAY I CALLED THEM ABOUT MY ORDER,SINCE I DID NOT GET IT .

THEY SAID IT WAS ON BACK ORDER AND I WOULD NOT GET IT UNTIL APRIL 29TH. I COULD NOT FIND A RESISTOR ANYWHERE ELSE. SO, I HAD TO GO WITHOUT MY GE DRYER FOR 4 WEEKS. TAKING MY LAUNDRY TO THE NEAREST LAUNDROMAT (20 MILES AWAY).

ON APRIL 30TH I CALLED GE ONCE AGAIN ABOUT THE RESISTOR I HAD ORDERED ON APRIL 2ND. THEY SAID THE PART IS STILL ON BACK ORDER AND THEY ARE NOT EXPECTING TO HAVE ANY UNTIL MAY 27TH. REALLY!!!!!!!!!! GE SHOULD NOT MAKE APPLIANCES IF THEY ARE NOT GOING TO SUPPLY PARTS FOR THEM.

AT THIS POINT WHAT SHOULD I DO?

THROWING IT OUT AND BUYING A DRYER OF A DIFFERENT NAME BRAND IS SOUNDING LIKE THE BEST OPTION.

I WILL NEVER BUY A GE APPLIANCE AGAIN! THAT IS FOR SURE.

RESISTOR #WE4M186 NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Dryer.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Waiting over 2 months for a part.

Comments

h.kitchener

I went to Amazon.com and typed in RESISTOR #WE4M186 and found it. Used, but some $26.

Do a web search for your part---there are many sites/companies that supply parts like this and you should find a new one at some appliance parts site. Someone will have it.