Resolved
1.7
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 01

GE emailed that afternoon and offered to send me the part as a one time courtesy. I received the part in a timely manner, however I feel that it is the same quality and will most likely break.

I won't be able to put many things in that drawer.

I still would not recommend this product. GE needs better testing of the refrigerator drawers, especially fruits and vegetables drawers.

Original review posted by user Aug 02

We bought a side by side refrigerator along with the rest of the appliances from Home Depot 3 years ago, but didn't get to use them right away. The bottom bin cracked at the joint, so when you pull out the drawer it comes apart. I've taped it, but it didn't help and the other side cracked too. The drawer even seems like a lighter plastic than the other drawers.

I called GE parts and they wanted to sell me the bin for $75.00 plus shipping and handling and a 1 year warranty. I had a Whirlpool side by side for 15 years and never had any cracking of bins.

I told the lady that I would rather write reviews so that other people won't buy their product.

I would like a new drawer and GE needs to work of better quality products.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Send me a new drawer free of charge without shipping and handling.

I didn't like: Poor quality and reliability on new appliance, Refrigerator drawers stink.

Comments

GE sucks! Never buy anything from these {{Redacted}}.