Little Rock, Arkansas
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

We are a GE stockholder and still got screwed by GE.They shipped us a new refrigerator that was absolutely not damaged in transit.

We discovered a dent in the door that was obviously done before the refrigerator was put in its cardboard container and shipped. Since we didn't unpackage the cardboard and report the damage within 30 days, they will not fix or replace the door. Their policy is "30 day cosmetic warranty." Our policy is "we expect to get what we contracted to buy and we didn't."

So now we'll tell everyone what a crock of *** GE is as a company. We received better customer service from products manufactured in China than we did from GE appliances manufactured in Kentucky.

We will sue the company because they breached the contract by selling damaged goods.We contend they had to know the damage was there before it shipped and they were simply hoping they could find a loophole to screw the customer.

Review about: Ge Cye22Tshgss Cafe Series French Door Refrigerator.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ge Appliances Refrigerator
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Submit review

Comments

Sounds like 30 days is more than sufficient time to report damage to me!!You fail to mention how long you actually waited before reporting ....

31 days? 2 months? A year?

The fact that you are a "stockholder" is irrelevant to this situation and does not entitle you to special treatment.Nice try, though!

to Anonymous #1173000

What guts it must take to screw a stockholder.It does make a difference because as a stockholder one tries to be loyal to the company one partially owns.

If I owned stock in a company and got screwed by said company, I'd be plenty mad, too. Apparently they don't care who they screw. Doesn't sound like the customer is asking for special treatment – simply wanting what they agreed to purchase and didn't get it. If it was 2 days or 222 days, the product was damaged before it ever left the factory.

And since there was no damage to the container, it was actually packed in its damaged state.Where is the QC?

to Anonymous Howell, Michigan, United States #1202594

I've had problems with GE appilances warranty, too.I received a stove with broken glass in the door that could not have happened in shipping because, like this guy, the box was undamaged.

We didn't discover the crack until we actually used the oven, which was about 60 days after receipt and installation into our new home. They refused our warranty claim, too and the dealer wouldn't cover it if GE didn't. You'd think GE would go ahead and correct such problems even after the warranty period if such problems are isolated instances.

Apparently this happens all the time, as I too believe the product was damaged before leaving the factory.Wish we would have bought a different brand.