2.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Initial review from consumer reports and bleeding edge consumers loved the unit. So I bought one 1-2 years after it's initial announcement. The unit purchased was manufactured on 03/2011. Well, 4 years later, Aug. 2015, the unit started beeping stating that filter had to be cleaned. Well, I pull it out and it's completely clean. Clear the code, next day it happens again. Repeat cycle for a few days... web search and low and behold ... "corrosion on the evaporator coil" from numerous sources. Called GE, they said, oh yeah, "Our bad. Parts warranty for 10 years, labor for 1 year, you're out of labor warranty but in this case, we'll cover it, no charge." Some place out west sends me the wrong part. Another week goes by before the correct part arrives. All the while, at least once per day, I would have to go and reset the dirty filter error. In the end, after 2-3 weeks, it's fixed. Horray.... NOT. It is now October 2016, 1 year 2 months after the repair, and the exact same symptom is occurring. "Dirty Filter" error on a clean filter. Reset. Error. Repeat.

Well, I call GE. They said, "Sorry, since you are out of labor warranty and we already covered the labor on the defective part one time, even if it's the exact same problem. The service call in your area is $99 plus the labor to change the part. The part is still covered under the 10 year warranty." The repair: tech has to suck out the 134-A. Un-solder the part. Solder the new part. Create a vacuum (30 minutes?). Put back in the 134-A. So, low ball at $60 / hour, it is probably going to take at least 2 hours. Total cost at least $220. New conventional water heater? About $300 with new warranty.

There needs to be a recall on these lemons AND a class action law suit. The internet is ABOUNDS with problems with these Geospring Hybrid Water Heater units.

This unit was supposed to save me money by being more efficient, but instead, I spent $1500 on a water heater that only lasted 5 years. And who know HOW long the system was running on degraded mode before error out with the leaked refrigerant. So I may of been using MORE electricity to heat my water than a conventional water heater.

Finally, if this was inside the house with the the refrigerant leaking...I am pretty sure it's not good for your respiratory system!

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of ge appliances geh50dnsrsa water heater from Ge Appliances and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1500 and wants Ge Appliances to "a replacement product with the deflects from the original product fixed which they currently have on the market".

The most disappointing in user's experience was garbage -- lemon, durablity, lack of customer service and solutions to problems. Author liked the most looks nice and service rep was very nice. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ge Appliances for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments