I have a GE profile side by side refrigerator. I came home to find it was 113 degrees F inside. It has a temperature read inside and it did say 113 degrees F. As hot as everything was,...... it was correct. Then, odd as it seems to me, the refrigerator started working again as suddenly as it stopped.

I have not been able to get a repair person out yet, company "sorry".

Point is, the refrigerator is only 2 years old. There must be a design flaw somewhere, it not only did not cool, it heated. I suspect the heat must have come from the lights not turning off. Then, as suddenly as it malfunctioned it started working again. Not sure how often I can look forward to this little event occuring. Contents, of course, are a total loss.

Do not buy this refrigerator!

Review about: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments

I have a GE Profile Refrigerator that I spent almost $5,000 on new in 2004 and many other GE appliances when we built our new house and have had nothing but trouble with since.I am still having trouble with they still can't figure out why the temprature keeps rising in it since Nov.

it has been worked on 6 times I waited 3 months for a part to come that was order in Sept. and did not come in until two days before Christmas. I am so discusted with GE.

When the repair people ordered the part they told them that the part was back ordered indefinitly my husband called them and they told him they had a 100 some odd in stock and would send it out immediately I am not sure why they were not available to the repair people and that went on for two months.Don't by GE Profile refrigerator!!!

Interestingly, I just had a repair man in to fix my GE profile fridge.The top wouldn't cool while the freezer keep working fine.

It turned out that the fan in the fridge section stopped working. He replaced it and $116 later, it works. However, the fridge door clips (I have french doors on it) which keep the doors closed tight had broken a while back and I asked him if he could replace them. He just came back after going back to check on the part and told me that GE doesn't sell just the clip so I have to buy the whole door clip assembly frame which cost $230 EACH!

Needless to say, I'm not going to get if fixed and will never again buy GE.The repair guy told me that they are the worst brand of appliances.

ge ..no long care about the service.....that why i do not buy ge

My GE Profile fridge freezes everything and the temp controls stopped working.I had the computer module replaced but that did not fix the problem.

Also, now the water for the ice maker sprays out the back so I had to shut that off.Never again will I buy a GE fridge.

A UNIT NOT EVEN 5 YRS OF AGE AND ALL IT'S INTERNAL GUTS HAVE BEEN REPLACED.THANK GOODNESS I PURCHASED AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.

TRYING TO PUT INTO PLAY THE LEMON LAW.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER GE PRODUCT AGAIN.:(

I regret buying our GE Profile counterdepth side by side. We just spent over $600 to repair it and it cost us $2400 to purchase it. Yes, it's stainless.

Dalmatovo, Kurgan, Russian Federation #26890

I also have a Profile, counterdepth.I did have a repairman come, but not from GE, and he noticed that the refrigerator cabinet is warped and therefore moisture getting in.

It is not fixable, but GE will not accept blame. They just offer a regular frig that is not counterdepth, I'm sure it's not stainless steel and has no icemaking unit; and they want me to pay for it. They give me no credit.

Why would I accept such an offer?They are the worst company ever.