Ge Appliances - Dishwasher caught fire due to GE Service Tech's wiring
GE sent a repairman to my house in late March to repair wires that melted together inside my dishwasher. They melted the wire housing, which the tech removed but didn't replace.
He did not secure the wires in any type of junction box, housing, or bracket. He merely wire capped them, wrapped with electrical tape, and shoved them back under the dishwasher.
As dishwashers run, they vibrate (especially when they are not secured in any manner) and they broke free of the wire caps and sparked on each other and set a visibly noticeable fire under the unit.
I've copied a picture of the condition of the wires (the condition that the original electrician left them in). You can see the sub-par electrical standards as well as the result of the fire.
I contacted GE Consumer relations. They sent out a tech who quickly inspected the unit and said that the dishwasher needed to be rewired. (at my expense) and that there was no fault of the prior GE tech.
They offered to pay $75 of the electrical rewiring fee plus 50% parts and labor on hooking it up. My point is that I shouldn't be responsible for ANY charges when it was their sub-par and neglectful work that caused the issue in the first place.
I was fortunate that my house didn't burn down due to the condition that the wiring was left in.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wires Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Hello, I have an issue that I hope you can resolve. I have been dealing with this for a YEAR and there's no end in sight. I purchased a matching..."
- "Avoid Empire-Today at all costs! I come from a unique perspective in that I worked as an Independent Sales Contractor for Empire for a year and a half. Unfortunately, I cannot..."
- "Almost 2 years ago, we called Feldco to have new windows put in. 2 men showed up at the door ready to get started. One of them did not speak..."
- "Purchased a W/D($1480) set from HH Gregg in the last 30 days. When they delivered to my home this time items went missing, things got broken, all the trash was..."
- "Fri the 18 on glenway we were extremely disappointed. The quality is *** and the service is worst. If your motto is we have the meats then i would have..."
- "I purchased a convertible Natori bra for my daughter. She wore it a couple of times. This bra was one of her favorites to wear with T-shirts that showed much..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."