Ge Appliances - Dishwasher caught fire due to GE Service Tech's wiring
GE sent a repairman to my house in late March to repair wires that melted together inside my dishwasher. They melted the wire housing, which the tech removed but didn't replace.
He did not secure the wires in any type of junction box, housing, or bracket. He merely wire capped them, wrapped with electrical tape, and shoved them back under the dishwasher.
As dishwashers run, they vibrate (especially when they are not secured in any manner) and they broke free of the wire caps and sparked on each other and set a visibly noticeable fire under the unit.
I've copied a picture of the condition of the wires (the condition that the original electrician left them in). You can see the sub-par electrical standards as well as the result of the fire.
I contacted GE Consumer relations. They sent out a tech who quickly inspected the unit and said that the dishwasher needed to be rewired. (at my expense) and that there was no fault of the prior GE tech.
They offered to pay $75 of the electrical rewiring fee plus 50% parts and labor on hooking it up. My point is that I shouldn't be responsible for ANY charges when it was their sub-par and neglectful work that caused the issue in the first place.
I was fortunate that my house didn't burn down due to the condition that the wiring was left in.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Wires Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "We bought a set of GE washer front load and dryer. The machine started making noises and we tought it was the rear bearing. After we took apart the machine..."
- "We bought our GE Cafe gas range/oven in 2008 and were pleased for the most part except for knobs. Beware they break...complete design flaw. The plastic tip where the knob..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "A worthless product from which I did not see a single benefit. A multivitamin with amino acids. If you think you can evaluate it with free trial offer, think again. Myself,..."
- "Bought zip-off pants/shorts. I am a petite person but their pants are totally disproportionate comparing waist and thighs. Even though I bought bigger pants and use belt, the fabric around..."
- "I ordered a wedding dress from Jennifer M. through Tradesy. Do not buy from her. https://www.tradesy.com/closet/1783291/ The dress was nothing like the photos that were posted. The dress was..."