1.1
Ease of Use

We purchased another GE 18 cu ft refrigerator to replace one which was 28 years old. What a disappointment this has been!

All the food in the refrigerator freezes if I keep it toward the back of the unit. Lettuce just doesn't make it and freezes in the shelf. I cannot use the crisper drawers because everything freezes there too.

We had their service guys come to look at it twice in the first year. They would only tell us to turn down the temp control notch by notch to see "if that would solve the problem". It never did.

We had space constraints and had to buy the same configuration. The door is against a wall so when we open it, we cannot get into one of the crisper drawers. I have to remove/replace items 1 by 1 and do not store anything in there that would spoil.

The freezer door does not stay shut causing another problem. One service guy told us to keep a full bottle of vodka in the door so it wouldn't move. We have, on occasion, closed the bottom door a little too hard and it makes the freezer door pop open. Because of this, we are always checking that freezer door.

It has a large interior for holding lots of bottles in the door and due to this design the internal cabinet is really shallow.

Will never buy another GE anything!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Entire experience with customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 12.

Comments