I own a defective water heater with a huge GE on it and a man smiling aboe a 1-800431-1549 customer service #.The product states, "GE we bring good things to life." However, my water heater is not a good thing leaking water out of its bottom.

I have a warranty for six years, so I phoned the 800 # and requested service. However, the representative expected me to have the receipt after owning it for five years. Thus, when I stated I did not have the receipt he stated we go by the date it was made and the serial # shows that to be 10/2006. I explained to him I was not at the warehouse on the date it was made, and did not purchase the product on this noted date.

I expect he would have records pertaining to when it was shipped and to what retail store, so he could use the serial # to track its sell date.

He refused to do, so and stated my warranty was not going to be upheld.I deem this is the customary practices for these defective water heaters, you have the warranty, but when you try to obtain the service there is some game associated.

Review about: Ge Appliances Warranty.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments