I own a defective water heater with a huge GE on it and a man smiling aboe a 1-800431-1549 customer service #. The product states, "GE we bring good things to life." However, my water heater is not a good thing leaking water out of its bottom.

I have a warranty for six years, so I phoned the 800 # and requested service. However, the representative expected me to have the receipt after owning it for five years. Thus, when I stated I did not have the receipt he stated we go by the date it was made and the serial # shows that to be 10/2006. I explained to him I was not at the warehouse on the date it was made, and did not purchase the product on this noted date.

I expect he would have records pertaining to when it was shipped and to what retail store, so he could use the serial # to track its sell date.

He refused to do, so and stated my warranty was not going to be upheld. I deem this is the customary practices for these defective water heaters, you have the warranty, but when you try to obtain the service there is some game associated.

Review about: Ge Appliances Warranty.

Comments