Verified Reviewer

Update by user Dec 04, 2020

On Nov 20th, i sent a follow-up email to the technician that came out and i havent heard anything back and its been 2 weeks now.

Original review posted by user Oct 30, 2020

My GE fridge control was not working so I called customer service to send out a technician to take a look at it, took 45 mins just to speak to a rep and they gave me 2 weeks out appointment. The technician arrival window given to me was from 8AM to Noon.

The technician showed up at 1.30PM ( 1.5 hours late), he looked at the fridge without even diagnosing it and said it need a control board and charged me with $107 just for saying that. By the way looked at the fridge for only 2 mins and walked right out after that. He send me an estimate for repair for $500.

I looked up the part online and it was $75 online but he as charging me $200 for it. Then I tried to get a hold of the rep/ consumer relations personnel to complain about the technician being late and I was on hold for 2 hours and they never picked up.

User's recommendation: I suggest you do your own diagnostic.

Ge Appliances Pros: Cheap.

Ge Appliances Cons: Length of time it took to get a hold of customer rep, Terrible unprofessional tech, I did not like it, Lack.

Comments