1.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Currently dealing with a fridge that went out last Friday. I'm told there are no techs in the area so they would need to call a contractor. This was at 10AM. They told me they would call back after an appointment was made. They never did. I called back later that evening around 8pm to find out that they had scheduled a call....for NEXT THURSDAY. So this means not only was I to wait almost a week without a working fridge but they also didn't confirm if this time was even okay. The person on the phone was wholly unhelpful, telling me I could call GE's Consumer Affairs department which was closed until MONDAY.

Come Monday and I call to speak with Consumer Affairs. After being on hold for 20-25 minutes, I get someone who calls the contractor to confirm the appointment and that there were no earlier times. I'm told that they will give me a $100 check for the food we lost (a moot point given we purchased an extended protection plan from Home Depot that will already cover this) and that they'll contact me on Friday after the service. When pressed on what I'm supposed to do without a fridge for a week in a town with nothing but junk food (in addition to the cost), I was told they're sorry and there's not much else they can do.

She also told me that their parts warehouse has recently been hit by a blizzard so parts could be delayed IF the fridge can even be repaired. Here I am, 3 days after my fridge has gone out and I don't know when I will have a working one again. I won't know ANYTHING until 3 more days have passed. And I'm just being told that they're sorry, there's nothing more they can do until after the service date, end of story. This just might be the worst customer service I've ever had, let alone the fact they sold me a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.

Never again, GE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Quality of product, Solutions to problems, Customer service, Poor communication.

Comments