Verified Reviewer

1.2

We purchased a GE Cooktop model No. JP3630SJ4SS from BestBuy on Aug.

20 for $879.99 with a 5 year warranty for $160. delivered on Oct. 20. Installed by Geek squad.

On 6/8/21, I heard a loud glass shattering sound in the kitchen, ran to the kitchen and saw it was the Cooktop, it had shattered with lines running all through it. Called BestBuy, they said since it was still under manufacturers warranty, I should call GE, which I did, the tech came out on 6/14/21. At this time the Cooktop was slanted to the right, it was caving into the hole, each day it sank, shattering the glass the more. The tech wrote that it was impacted by a hard object.

GE declined coverage, I called again on 6/28/21, the rep I spoke with promised GE will take care of it. But he was first going to send the glass. The glass was shipped to us. Called GE for install.

The tech came out on 7/13/21 to install the glass, saw he couldnt repair it and claimed that we deliberately broke our stove, and it wasnt covered under our warranty.

All I need is my stove replaced replaced. I have been without a coking stove since 6/8/21.

Preferred solution: Replace my Appliance.

Comments