Ge Appliances - Awful Customer Service; Unprofessional Staff!
Ge not only provides Awful Customer Service; they also have very unprofessional staff at the President's Office and Gary Mentoth is one of the unprofessional staff member who doesn't even know how to professionally talk to a customer but he is good at *** customer off.
Why did I say what I have said above:
We have issues with a GE Cafe Cooktop and a GE Profile Refrigerator. The cooktop is being investigated by U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, so, I am going to describe my experience with the Refrigerator. Within the last 4 months; GE technicians have visited at least 6 times, made 5 or 6 unsuccessful attempts to resolve an issue with Ice/Water dispenser.
When the Control Panel was replaced back in March 2016; it was not the exact same part but the technician installed and said it was the never model of the control panel. Immediately, we noticed 2 issues with that control panel.
1. The front plastic panel was peeling off from top left and top right.
2. The measuring system to dispense water was not working. e.g It was suppose to tell how much of water was dispensed.
For #1; the technician said it just needed to be pushed to stick on the glue; pressed both corners of the panel with his thumbs and said it just needed to be pushed to get it to stick to the glued part. TECHNICIAN BROUGHT THIS PART FROM HIS TRUCK.
A new control panel was ordered and replaced twice; both time we had exact same issues (#1, #2). This time the technician was Kenny; he opened up the box and installed the control panel. Kenny used his hands to glue the top left and top right corners of the defective area and installed but was not able to fix #2. Kenny said he will need to order the exact same part that came with the refrigerator. We waited about 3 weeks to hear from GE; we finally called GE and GE informed us that the service ticket was closed. I filed a complaint with BBB and a couple of days later received a phone call from a VERY UNPROFESSIONAL/UNETHICAL member of GE's President's office. I do not know who ordered a new EXACT SAME Control Panel (PEELING FROM UPPER LEFT AND RIGHT CORNER) but it arrived on June 2 and the technician came on June 6 to replace it. I called GE's BBB handling representative Gary Mentoth and mentioned that the exact same part has arrived which has not worked on multiple replacements. Gary started to give me *** and said they will need to install and try again but I refused to let him waste my time ( we wait about 4 hours each time a technician is scheduled). But, the technician arrived on June 6 any ways, looked at the part and said it wouldn't make sense to install the same NOT COMPATIBLE part and took it with him.
I called Gary again this morning to see if he was going to order a different part, but, I was shocked to hear his response. He accused me that I have been screwing up with a screw driver to peel the plastic off and he knows what my intentions are. I think he needs to be educated on GE's products and how they function, otherwise, he wouldn't be saying what he said to me.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality awful customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "Our plastic knob cracked and we purchased a replacement knob from GE Parts for $71.50 and when the part arrived it was smaller then the orignal knob and didn't set..."
- "GE Profile Refrigerator Purchased 6/18/2009 Model: PDS22SISDRSS Switch, Light WR23X10429 Shows up NLM. GE told me there was no other part that would fit and I should look on..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I ordered my son a paw patrol play set on black Friday and have still not received it here it is a week before Christmas and there telling me they..."
- "They may have a great product and I believe they do. However, their call center support is absolutely useless. Too many roads to navigate to get anywhere. ..."
- "I installed my hair on Christmas and was satisfied with my purchase. Today is New Years and my hair looks like ***! It doesn't shed but the tangling is crazy...."