1.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Ge not only provides Awful Customer Service; they also have very unprofessional staff at the President's Office and Gary Mentoth is one of the unprofessional staff member who doesn't even know how to professionally talk to a customer but he is good at *** customer off.

Why did I say what I have said above:

We have issues with a GE Cafe Cooktop and a GE Profile Refrigerator. The cooktop is being investigated by U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, so, I am going to describe my experience with the Refrigerator. Within the last 4 months; GE technicians have visited at least 6 times, made 5 or 6 unsuccessful attempts to resolve an issue with Ice/Water dispenser.

When the Control Panel was replaced back in March 2016; it was not the exact same part but the technician installed and said it was the never model of the control panel. Immediately, we noticed 2 issues with that control panel.

1. The front plastic panel was peeling off from top left and top right.

2. The measuring system to dispense water was not working. e.g It was suppose to tell how much of water was dispensed.

For #1; the technician said it just needed to be pushed to stick on the glue; pressed both corners of the panel with his thumbs and said it just needed to be pushed to get it to stick to the glued part. TECHNICIAN BROUGHT THIS PART FROM HIS TRUCK.

A new control panel was ordered and replaced twice; both time we had exact same issues (#1, #2). This time the technician was Kenny; he opened up the box and installed the control panel. Kenny used his hands to glue the top left and top right corners of the defective area and installed but was not able to fix #2. Kenny said he will need to order the exact same part that came with the refrigerator. We waited about 3 weeks to hear from GE; we finally called GE and GE informed us that the service ticket was closed. I filed a complaint with BBB and a couple of days later received a phone call from a VERY UNPROFESSIONAL/UNETHICAL member of GE's President's office. I do not know who ordered a new EXACT SAME Control Panel (PEELING FROM UPPER LEFT AND RIGHT CORNER) but it arrived on June 2 and the technician came on June 6 to replace it. I called GE's BBB handling representative Gary Mentoth and mentioned that the exact same part has arrived which has not worked on multiple replacements. Gary started to give me *** and said they will need to install and try again but I refused to let him waste my time ( we wait about 4 hours each time a technician is scheduled). But, the technician arrived on June 6 any ways, looked at the part and said it wouldn't make sense to install the same NOT COMPATIBLE part and took it with him.

I called Gary again this morning to see if he was going to order a different part, but, I was shocked to hear his response. He accused me that I have been screwing up with a screw driver to peel the plastic off and he knows what my intentions are. I think he needs to be educated on GE's products and how they function, otherwise, he wouldn't be saying what he said to me.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Ge Appliances and attached photos and videos. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ge Appliances to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor quality awful customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ge Appliances and ge appliances customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ge Appliances?

Comments