Verified Reviewer

Around August 28th, 2020, I purchased a brand new GE air conditioner/Heater window unit from Lowe's. I spoke with a representative and they informed me that this unit blew heat so I was sold.

I had a room added onto my house (start date at the beginning of September - end date around the end of October). Once the room was complete, I decided to test the air (which was in November). I noticed that the unit did not blow heat. I checked the settings to make sure I had everything right, I had it set for heat and turned up to 86 degrees, which is the max.

I thought I may had been doing something wrong so I called GE appliances, they troubleshooted me through the situation and said I did everything right. There was still no heat...only cold air so she scheduled a technician to come out on last week (around December 16th). The technician looked at the unit and said everything was set right but long story short, the unit wasn't going to blow heat. His exact words were "I don't know why GE continues selling these units because they don't blow heat".

I in return said thats called false advertisement. The unit clearly states air conditioner/heat and it goes up 86 degrees so why is it colder when I turn the unit on heat than when its off? The technician also told me that I would have to run the unit for over 24 hours...possibly 2 to 3 days in order for it to be room temperature. Who does that?

So I have complained numerous times to GE appliances and the consumer complaints department and nothing. One representative offered me $50 but thats nothing when I have spent over $500 for a unit that only blows air. I wasted money because I could've bought an air conditioner and a fireplace. Now they want to send another technician out in two weeks.

The technician isn't going to tell me nothing different than the first one... its just to save the companies reputation.

It will be summer before this is resolved and I'm TIRED. I don't like my hard earned money being played with.

User's recommendation: Don't purchase this unit...Heat doesn't work. FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

Comments