Ge Appliances - GE French door refrigerator/freezer
One would think that buying a GE refrigerator that cost me $2500 would not be a recipe for disaster.The model purchased is one with ice and water through the door.
The water dispenser stopped working soon after we bought it. We then started to have a problem with ice accumulating below the pull out drawer at the bottom of the freezer section. The original warranty was up, and the refrigerator basically worked, so i didn't want to pay an expensive repair bill to have it fixed. Luckily, before the 3 year extended warranty period was up, I found that I had purchased the extended warranty.
I called GE. The serviceman came, and said we needed to parts. So that was the first 1/2 day off from work. He came back (another 1/2 day off), and he forgot to order 1 part.
He ordered that, and scheduled July 3rd in the afternoon. A great day, because I would have come home early that day anyway. In the morning, after I arranged my day to be home for him, we got a phone call that he couldn't come (supposedly sick), and needed to re-schedule. We did that, and I again changed my plans to take another morning off, and didn't do something at 8 am because I was waiting for him.
They called at 9 am that the technician had to cancel. Another inconvenience. The next time I rescheduled, I made sure that they came when someone was in the house so I didn't have to take another 1/2 day off. I was home when the technician came, but not when he left.
He told me that these were terrible refrigerators, there was still ice accumulating which probably had to do with a clogged drain that can't be repaired, and was replacing the part.
I came home from work to find out the water through the door still does not work.
When GE sent a follow-up e-mail asking about the repair, I told them that if this was a car, it would be covered by the lemon law.10980b61 review #435190
You may also like
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "3rd March 2015, buying a BenQ monitor coz of Lazada 10% discount advertisement. After 2 days receive an order cancelled trigger email and stated as pricing error. This order put..."
- "I think it's absolutley ridiculous that I just paid for a third of a bag of your toasted ritz crackers. I hate to complain but, I won't ever buy them..."
- "I recieved my order within 3 weeks.. there is a date box u can put the date when you need the dress to be here I simply put a date..."
- "Kayla Robinson did this to my hair less than 24 hours ago, I wanted it fixed or a refund I received nothing but she did her best. She should not..."
- "The right side is higher than the left side & very bulky under the cup &it needs to be shortened ? ..."
- "We purchased APMEX "MindDirect" 2012 (S) San Francisco minted silver eagles in tubes of 20. We sent these SF Eagles to NGC for authenticated and grading and NGC stated that..."