Ge Appliances - GE French door refrigerator/freezer
One would think that buying a GE refrigerator that cost me $2500 would not be a recipe for disaster.The model purchased is one with ice and water through the door.
The water dispenser stopped working soon after we bought it. We then started to have a problem with ice accumulating below the pull out drawer at the bottom of the freezer section. The original warranty was up, and the refrigerator basically worked, so i didn't want to pay an expensive repair bill to have it fixed. Luckily, before the 3 year extended warranty period was up, I found that I had purchased the extended warranty.
I called GE. The serviceman came, and said we needed to parts. So that was the first 1/2 day off from work. He came back (another 1/2 day off), and he forgot to order 1 part.
He ordered that, and scheduled July 3rd in the afternoon. A great day, because I would have come home early that day anyway. In the morning, after I arranged my day to be home for him, we got a phone call that he couldn't come (supposedly sick), and needed to re-schedule. We did that, and I again changed my plans to take another morning off, and didn't do something at 8 am because I was waiting for him.
They called at 9 am that the technician had to cancel. Another inconvenience. The next time I rescheduled, I made sure that they came when someone was in the house so I didn't have to take another 1/2 day off. I was home when the technician came, but not when he left.
He told me that these were terrible refrigerators, there was still ice accumulating which probably had to do with a clogged drain that can't be repaired, and was replacing the part.
I came home from work to find out the water through the door still does not work.
When GE sent a follow-up e-mail asking about the repair, I told them that if this was a car, it would be covered by the lemon law.127e0799 review #435190
You may also like
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I bought a Magic Chef microwave oven in Fingerhut for $149.00 at the beginning of May 2014. After paying a required $30.00 dollars to open the credit account with..."
- "I purchased a ticket to Electric Zoo 2014 on August 30th through this company, the event was canceled so I was then told via email that I'd receive a refund..."
- "WORST FLORIST EVER!!! Stay away!!! My husband ordered flowers for Valentine's Day from Florida. They arrived dead with brown petals and petals falling all over the place...."
- "I order 2 dozen roses from Flower Delivery Express to be delivered to my sister for her birthday .. They sent meca email saying they could not deliver the order..."
- "I used TSBO to rent out a property, made tonnnnssss of $$$, and some renter broke a nice flower vase of mine, and the renter won't pay. He says because..."
- "We were scammed at the airport to come and visit Pueblo Bonito for a day. We were shown the high price Monte Cristo estates. We were then told no more..."